My sister gave me this recipe for rooster tortilla soup with shredded just after she served it at a particular social gathering at their property.
Ingredients of hen tortilla soup recipe:
8 tablespoons Canola oil
5 10″ to 12″ corn tortillas
6 garlic cloves
1 small bunch of cilantro
2 – 14.5 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
8 cups chicken inventory
14 ounces of canned or frozen corn
3/4 – 1 1/2 Tablespoons ground cumin
1/2 – 1 Tablespoon chili powder
4 bay leaves
4 boneless, skinless hen breast halves or check out thighs
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Juice from 1 lime
Planning of hen tortilla soup recipe:
- Dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Clean and towel test the cilantro, take away stems and chop.
- Open your cans of tomatoes and have them at the all set. You will not have to measure out all the spices until you like the way they have it all prepared on the cooking exhibits.
- Rinse the rooster beneath cold drinking water and dry.
Methods of rooster tortilla soup recipe:
- Make this all in one big soup pot or fry the tortilla strips in just one and make the soup in a further. I like to clean as few pots as attainable specifically when I am operating just one handed. Slash up 2 of the tortillas into 1/4 inch strips and fry them in 3 tablespoons of Canola oil. You want them to be a golden brown but be watchful not to melt away them, they cook speedily. Relying on the dimensions of your pot, you could have to cook many at time.
- Remove the strips from pot and transfer to some paper towels to drain. Year with a minor salt.
- Warmth the remaining oil more than medium large warmth and sauté the onions for a couple of minutes.
- Increase garlic and sauté for one more moment or two. Tear the remaining 3 corn tortillas into chunk dimension pieces and insert to the pot.
- Add the cilantro, stir, and cook dinner for a minute more. Include the canned tomatoes with their juice and the hen stock, cumin, chili powder, and bay leaves and bring to a boil.
- Cut down warmth to a simmer, increase the corn, total chicken breasts, and cayenne. Simmer the rooster breasts for 15 to 20 minutes until eventually cooked all through.
- Eliminate the rooster breasts and set aside to neat. Turn off the soup at this level. After the chicken breasts are interesting, shred them with your fingers and return to the pot.
- Add your lime juice and style for spiciness. If you like it hotter, increase more of the spices. Reheat, and provide with the fried tortilla strips.
My sister generally serves this rooster tortilla soup with the fried tortillas, freshly diced avocado, grated cheddar cheese, and bitter product. The bitter product seriously served mellow out some of the spices and gave the soup a amazing creamy appearance. This soup is a meal.