These little deep crimson pearls named Ragi or finger millet are bundle of vitamins. A entire grain which I arrived to know about substantially later in lifestyle. Until then the cobs or the fingers of ragi used to beautify my vase of dry flower arrangement for lengthy.
It was only when I arrived to the South of India I grew to become conscious of these goldmine of nutrition. From then on it has occupied a a great deal coveted position on my dinning desk. I really like the earthy and rustic aroma of this mighty grain.
Health and fitness Positive aspects
- It is a excellent resource of fiber in diet regime.
- Ragi has very low Glycemic Index which will make it digest pretty little by little hence maintaining the blood sugar amounts frequent. Ragi is absolutely a boon for men and women struggling from diabetic issues.
- Ragi is rich in several minerals these as thiamine, iron and calcium.
- It serves as a superior laxative for constipation.
- Ragi is loaded in carbohydrate and reduced in excess fat, which can support management obesity.
- Ragi malt can be a great substitute for individuals struggling from milk allergic reactions.
Prudent ways to contain Ragi in eating plan
- Ragi can be floor and use in baking and earning puddings.
- Porridge manufactured with Ragi powder is quite wholesome refreshing breakfast.
- Soups, and vegetable broth can be geared up making use of Ragi flour.
- Many Indian desserts these kinds of as Halwa and Barfi can be built with Ragi.
- Idlis and Dosas of Ragi flour is a nourishing breakfast.
- Mix Ragi flour with complete-wheat flour and make chapattis or Indian breads.
- Sprout the ragi grains and use them in your salads.
- Ragi Puttu a classic a nutritious recipe is a excellent addition to the meal.
A Fast Ragi Dessert
This is a quite easy and healthier dessert built with ragi flour. The process includes producing the Ragi Puttu very first and then making ready the subsequent recipe. The directions for elements and process is provided in Steamed Rice Cake.
Alternatively you can steam the Ragi flour in any vessel if you do not have the Puttu maker. Set the crumbled ragi flour in a modest bowl and continue to keep it inside of a tension cooker with a little water and stem it for 4-5 minutes. Consider it out and continue further to make the dessert.
- 1 cup of steamed Ragi flour
- 1/2 cup of grated coconut
- 1/2 cup sugar/Jaggery powder
- 1/2 tsp. of cardamom powder
- 3-4 tsp. of crushed Almonds
Method: Get the steamed Ragi flour and mix it with relaxation of the elements. Serve it warm.